I’ve recently started following threads in reddit/r/churning, and you really learn something new everyday – the Uber double-dip with Starpoints and Amex Membership Rewards points.
If you take Uber (or order from UberEats), there are several ways you can make the most out of it:
- Earn 2 Ultimate Rewards points per dollar spent on the Chase Sapphire Preferred
- Earn 3 ThankYou points per dollar spent on the Citi ThankYou Premier Card
These can be double-dipped with earning SPG Starpoints, after you register, and make one qualified stay each calendar year (award stays count, too!). Depending on your status, and whether you are staying at a SPG property on day of Uber usage, you can earn from 0.5 – 4 Starpoints per dollar spent on Uber.
What I learned from Reddit today is, if you register any of your Amex Membership Rewards-earning cards (e.g. Everyday, Gold, Gold PRG, Platinum), and pay for Uber with that card, you can earn x2 MR points. You can also pay for your Uber ride with MR points.
How do you do this?
- Go to “Payments” page, add your MR-earning card.
- After you do that, click on said card, and be sure to slide the button to “enable”. You’ll then see this screen.
- You should also get an e-mail “Thank you for enrolling with Uber”, and in those e-mails, you’ll see the MR-earning cards registered to earn with Uber.
Now you have the option of earning SPG Starpoints, and any combination of MR, UR, or TY points as you may need!